Thursday, May 10, 2007

PHEW! packing is hard

This morning, I was woken up by my sister, Teresa. "Monica, Monica..." But i pretended not to hear hoping that she would leave me alone. It was not yet even 8am. "You have to come with me to piano class because papa will send you to the mall straight away after that" But still i refuse to get up. No sooner than i can say matriculation, I heard..."MONICA!!! MONICA!!!" This was the end of my sleep. It was my mom. Well to cut the story short, i went with them early morning after much groaning and tossing in bed. I figure i couldn't possibly go back to sleep after all the noise.
So I went to the music centre, IMH. Somehow i felt somewhat liberated to actually go to the music centre without any worries. *flashback to 4 weeks ago* I was always practising piano a day before piano class or the day itself, before i leave my house. Naturally I'm not at ease during classes or minutes before it starts. Unfortunately I have to quit my piano lesson since i have to go to Labuan. Sorry to say I can't sit for my Grade 8 piano exam this year. But it's hard convincing everybody that I'm sorry. Wonder what gave them the idea that I dread piano class.
I had breakfast while Teresa went to class. So after that, Mom and I went to find my sports shoes. We spent the next 4 hours window shopping cause papa forgot to leave his credit card with us. Yeah like that's gonna happen. I caught my mom looking at MatSalleh guys. Well what can I say, like mother like daughter. Now I know where I got the sarong party girl syndrome from. So when we got back home, I started packing. The baju kurungs went in first. After i put in 4 decent looking ones, I went for the nice yellow colour one, neatly hung in the plastic cover. I was just about to grab it when....
"NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!"
"What?" I said nonchalantly.
"You can't bring that. Just bring the normal ones. This one so hard to wash. Need to dry clean," said my mom.
"Never mind, I'll learn how to wash it." I said while grabbing it.
"How many baju kurung do you wanna bring?!!!!"
" 10 lah!"
"WHAT?!! 7 is enough, Anne only brought 3. "
" But i might need more" *actually i wanted to bring 14*
"You put in the others first, later I'll check your bag and then see whether you need this"
So i left the argument at that. But I'm still determine to bring that baju kurung. That's the only one that i fancy. The rest are just plain looking and boring. Quite ugly with bright colors that don't match my skin tone. After awhile, I was left in peace to do my packing. Not bothered by my mom. But she strictly mentioned before she left,"I'm gonna check your bag" So i put in a blanket, towel, and some oversize shirts that don't flatter me at all. Then I stopped and pondered ...half of the suitcase is already taken up, and I have a long way to go.. but never mind, I'll squeeze in my everyday clothes and some casual ones. Then i went to get my swim suit. I was just taking my swimsuit from my drawer when I heard..
" WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THE SWIMSUIT IN LABUAN? Got swimming pool meh?"
I was thinking about the beach. Then when I went downstairs, there was this loud voice.
"DONT GO TO THE SEA IN LABUAN!!! DON'T THINK THAT YOU'RE A SUPER SWIMMER!!! THE SEA IS ROUGH!!"
That was my dad. Well i was thinking about going to the beach and making sand castle and playing in the knee-deep ocean. No harm done. i won't dare to go further. Besides i don't want to get stunk by jellyfish. So I stopped packing halfway. Defeated by the lack of space in the suitcase and the thought of using Mathematics to solve my problem. Maybe calculate the best way to fold my clothes, minimizing the volume of each peace of garment as possible. Or I could just squeeze the clothes in.

6 comments:

SilentSiren22 said...

haha. funny la. so in the end did u put in your swimsuit?

Monica said...

Yup of course i put in my swimsuit.

Fallen Devil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fallen Devil said...

Watched Spiderman 3 with Sabrina? She told me Mariana brought her to watch that movie... sigh.

SilentSiren22 said...

ow oh

Anonymous said...

You write very well.